Soon after I buy tickets, I start seriously mapping out where to spend our time, and that largely depends on what we want to do. We have a rule of staying places a minimum of 2 nights, but preferable 3-4 nights to really be able to get to know a place and not have to keep packing and unpacking… So here generally my process for creating our itinerary:
- Investigate the weather so as to focus on indoor or outdoor activities.
- Do a bunch of reading about different regions, including the geography, the distances, the types of cultural/food/natural wonders in the area, etc.
- Mark them on a custom google map to see which region is preferable.
- Check websites for reviews.
- Reach out to my network to crowdsource suggestions or help inform our decisions.
How Custom Activity Maps Work:
What I give you: I will create a custom google map for you marking the exact location, and the link for the best information, for multiple options for each different location.
What you give me: fill out this brief questionnaire so I understand where/when/what to look for.
How much does it cost: $25-$100 for the typical maps, with pricing increasing depending on the complexity and number of destinations. I will send you a quote and proposal once I receive your completed questionnaire.
Can I see an example of a completed activities map? Of course! Check out this one (which is a very simple version on the cheaper end of the scale) I made for day trips from Paris, while I was daydreaming about a potential trip to France: